Beantwoord

iMessage activeren en Verificatie SMS

• 20 September 2023
  • 8 reacties
  • 191 Bekeken

I transferred my cell phone number from lycamobile to simpel, kept the phone number and got a new sim card. But now I can't activate my iMessage and FaceTime with the new sim card and I can't even receive the verification code sent by Apple. I tried the guide article in the community but that didn't work. I also called *#5005*7672# to check the SMS center number however it prompted me with an unknown error. I also called Simpel customer service but that didn't help. Please tell me how I can resolve these issues.

icon

Beste antwoord door Alvis.Dou 21 September 2023, 10:34

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 1
Badge +8

Hi @Alvis.Dou 

Welcome to our community!

How annoying that your iMessage verification SMS does not arrive! Could you please try to update your software? Also, if that doesn't work, could you test the sim card in another device to see if you can get the SMS there? This is a necessary step to rule out that there is anything wrong with your device. 

If none of this works, you could try to enable the '’premium SMS'’ option in your Mijn Simpel page. This sometimes remedies the situation. 

Please let me know the results after you've tested it. 

Have a nice day!

Regards, Damien
Simpel

Hi @Alvis.Dou 

Welcome to our community!

How annoying that your iMessage verification SMS does not arrive! Could you please try to update your software? Also, if that doesn't work, could you test the sim card in another device to see if you can get the SMS there? This is a necessary step to rule out that there is anything wrong with your device. 

If none of this works, you could try to enable the '’premium SMS'’ option in your Mijn Simpel page. This sometimes remedies the situation. 

Please let me know the results after you've tested it. 

Have a nice day!

Regards, Damien
Simpel

Hi,

I have tried on another iphone and I opened the premium SMS, but they all doesn’t work at all. Actually I couldn’t receive any validation codes from 3rd organizations such as google, apple and paypal. I called the service team twice and they told me they can’t do anything to solve it. What a bore. And, I can’t set the exchange center number by call *#5005*7672#, when I call it, the screen reminders me that unknow errors.

Reputatie 1
Badge +8

Hi,

I have tried on another iphone and I opened the premium SMS, but they all doesn’t work at all. Actually I couldn’t receive any validation codes from 3rd organizations such as google, apple and paypal. I called the service team twice and they told me they can’t do anything to solve it. What a bore. And, I can’t set the exchange center number by call *#5005*7672#, when I call it, the screen reminders me that unknown errors.

Hi @Alvis.Dou 

Good to hear you've already tested these things yourself! I've sent a message to the technical department at Odido, and I will paste their response here:

---

This concerns a free text message that is sent from an application to a device, a so-called A2P text message. These are often used to inform the customer or are used to send a verification code.

The text messages come from another network and do not go through the T-Mobile/ Simpel network. Sometimes messages are even routed via a foreign network and delivered to the customer's device. Because this involves many platforms, a sending party may think that the number is still on another network (KPN, Vodafone) or cannot be delivered for other reasons.

Since the service is not handled by Simpel, we cannot solve this problem for the customer. In this case, it is best for the customer to contact the sending party that is responsible for delivering a message. This party can also investigate why a message cannot be delivered. The sending party probably uses a 3rd party in this case. This is also unknown to us and must be addressed via the sending party.

---

In short, we cannot find out why the messages do not arrive because they are sent/delivered by a different network. It's as if we are FedEX, for example, and your package is sent via DHL. FedEX cannot see where the delivery is, where it was sent and where it arrives, because it is a different service. Even though it has to arrive on your SIM card, which is from Simpel, it arrives via a different network, and things go sideways in that network.

Hopefully the sending party can help you resolve the issue, my apologies that we were unable to resolve it for you!

Regards, Damien
Simpel

Hi,

I have tried on another iphone and I opened the premium SMS, but they all doesn’t work at all. Actually I couldn’t receive any validation codes from 3rd organizations such as google, apple and paypal. I called the service team twice and they told me they can’t do anything to solve it. What a bore. And, I can’t set the exchange center number by call *#5005*7672#, when I call it, the screen reminders me that unknown errors.

Hi @Alvis.Dou 

Good to hear you've already tested these things yourself! I've sent a message to the technical department at Odido, and I will paste their response here:

---

This concerns a free text message that is sent from an application to a device, a so-called A2P text message. These are often used to inform the customer or are used to send a verification code.

The text messages come from another network and do not go through the T-Mobile/ Simpel network. Sometimes messages are even routed via a foreign network and delivered to the customer's device. Because this involves many platforms, a sending party may think that the number is still on another network (KPN, Vodafone) or cannot be delivered for other reasons.

Since the service is not handled by Simpel, we cannot solve this problem for the customer. In this case, it is best for the customer to contact the sending party that is responsible for delivering a message. This party can also investigate why a message cannot be delivered. The sending party probably uses a 3rd party in this case. This is also unknown to us and must be addressed via the sending party.

---

In short, we cannot find out why the messages do not arrive because they are sent/delivered by a different network. It's as if we are FedEX, for example, and your package is sent via DHL. FedEX cannot see where the delivery is, where it was sent and where it arrives, because it is a different service. Even though it has to arrive on your SIM card, which is from Simpel, it arrives via a different network, and things go sideways in that network.

Hopefully the sending party can help you resolve the issue, my apologies that we were unable to resolve it for you!

Regards, Damien
Simpel

Does this mean Simpel didn't succeed in transferring my SMS port from Lycamobile to Simpel? So all my messages went into the abyss. I hope you can check if all my ports have been successfully transferred and started working, otherwise it's going to be very difficult for me to continue using Simpel, maybe you can just give me a new phone number and sim card.

Reputatie 1
Badge +8

Does this mean Simpel didn't succeed in transferring my SMS port from Lycamobile to Simpel? So all my messages went into the abyss. I hope you can check if all my ports have been successfully transferred and started working, otherwise it's going to be very difficult for me to continue using Simpel, maybe you can just give me a new phone number and sim card.

Hi @Alvis.Dou 

Your number was ported successfully, but the sending party uses a different network, which does not deliver the message to our network. The message is stuck in the network of the sending party, Apple in this case. I do not know which network Apple uses to send the SMS.

Regards, Damien
Simpel

Hi @Alvis.Dou 

Your number was ported successfully, but the sending party uses a different network, which does not deliver the message to our network. The message is stuck in the network of the sending party, Apple in this case. I do not know which network Apple uses to send the SMS.

Regards, Damien
Simpel

Actually not only Apple but also Google, Paypal, Meta and X, and PayInfo, I couldn’t receive all verification code texts now. It is impossible that I contact every of them to solve the problem, so if it possible please send me a new card with new number that I can continually use the Simpel, or tell me how to drop the package deal I just signed. Thanks a lot.

I have resolve this issue. 

The method is use an Android phone and reset the SMS center number to +31624000226. Then make sure you can receive the verificative code texts. After this, put this new sim card into your iPhone, and  Restore all settings!!! Not restore your iPhone nor restore the network settings!

Then everything is ok.

Reputatie 2
Badge +7

I have resolve this issue. 

The method is use an Android phone and reset the SMS center number to +31624000226. Then make sure you can receive the verificative code texts. After this, put this new sim card into your iPhone, and  Restore all settings!!! Not restore your iPhone nor restore the network settings!

Then everything is ok.

Hi @Alvis.Dou

Thank you for sharing that you were able to solve the problem through a reset via a different phone!

If you need further assisent with something else, you can always contact us!

Kind regards, Noor

Simpel

Reageer